Monday, March 20, 2017

There is Beauty all Around.

This past weekend, I had the opportunity to escape the clutches of Provo and take a trip down to Moab, Utah. While I was there, I marveled at the amazing rock formations and the vast landscape that spread as far as the eye could see. As my group was at the top of one the more impressive arches, an elderly woman started talking to us. She introduced herself as Sister Jensen and continued to tell stories from her life. As she was talking, she mentioned, "God must be a wonderful artist to have made all of these." The more I have thought about that, the more I see it as true.

I have had an opportunity to travel to a few different regions in this world. It is fascinating to see how divers and unique different places can be. It makes me think of the scripture in King Benjamin's speech, "Believe in God; believe that he is, and that he created all things, both in heaven and in earth; believe that he has all wisdom, and all power, both in heaven and in earth; believe that man doth not comprehend all the things which the Lord can comprehend." It is amazing to think that each rock and each plant was made with thought and purpose. It makes me so much more grateful knowing that if God had so much love to make a rock, how much more love did he have while creating me, his son. He loves us so much that he made us each individual and lovely in our own way. 

I am so grateful for the knowledge we have that we are children of God. That he loves us enough to create this beautiful world for us to live in.

No comments:

Post a Comment